Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, April 27, 2009

...And Then Other Plans Fall Apart...

I had a plan today...it was a great plan...and it failed miserably.

We woke up extra early today to go to school and work, so that I could leave early and take my mom to the doctor. This was our appointment to find out the results of the 24-hour EEG test from last week. Told my father about it on Sunday, and then called him again on Sunday night to remind him.

I called them before leaving work, but there was no answer. No big deal, I figured that they didn't hear the phone. Um, no. They were out.

Apparently, my mom wanted to go out. So my dad took her driving around up to broward county, and then to dinner at a place called "Little Reds", which I think is BBQ. So, I hung out there for about an hour or so, watching the soaps, then since it was too late to go back to work, went up to check Dot's mail.

Meanwhile, am I the only person who would find it personally demoralizing to drop dead of "Swine Flu". Oh yeah, I can hear it now (with a thick southern accent) "Yep, she started gainin weight in the last few years and next thing we know, she's gone and dropped dead from the SWINE flu." Good lord. Couldn't they come up with a better name? the S-Flu...or some science'y sounding name. Good Lord.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: