Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Sing it, Baby!



Thanks to a post on Loving China's Children that included directions, we have now achieved music!!!

Good Lord, just think of the possibilities!

So, here's the first selection of music that will play randomly:

  • My First, My Last, My Everything...b/c its "our song", mine and Taylor's...and b/c I love Barry White
  • All Star...the theme song from Shrek b/c its T's favorite song
  • You've Got a Friend in Me...another of T's favorites...especially when I change the words to You've Got a Mom in Me!
  • Over the Rainbow...b/c I fell in love with this song while waiting for my referral and reading the Gwenblog. I'd watch Karen's video of gotcha day and dream about my own baby, who I just knew was waiting for me somewhere over the rainbow. Boy do I miss that site.
  • I'll Make a Man Out of You - from Mulan. T loves this song so much that she runs around the house with a stick, pretending to fight like Mulan does during this song. She actually knows all the words though can't carry a tune. Its really odd to hear her high little voice singing "I'll make a man out of you" or "You're unsuited for the rage of war, so pack up, go home , you're through". Crazy. Mom likes it b/c Donny Osmond, (my 2nd crush after my very first crush of Bobby Sherman), sings it.



3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Love the music! How funny and touching - I absolutely loved the Gwenblog and miss it so - I didn't get her password when she moved her site but I fell in love with that version of Over the Rainbow. Jason Castro performed it on American Idol this season and it still makes me cry. Mine and Sara's song is Ella Fitzgerald's version of "At Last". It was on a homemade CD collection I got from one of the March Moonbeam exchanges (so many of them were far more creative than me!) and its our song. I also love the Ariel and Tinkerbell artwork - your site is getting quite snazzy!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Laura, I'm laughing...

What a coincidence... "At Last" is a great song, esp'ly when Ella belts it out! I've often spoken of using it...as my song if I ever get married, that is. Since its my "wedding song", I couldn't very well use it for T.

Laura said...

Oh...my....Gawd....you added 100 years by Five for Fighting! I'm totally premenstrual and emotional...make it stop, make it stop!
The best way to laugh, not cry is picture T either tearing around with her sword or peddling non-stop. Hee hee hee.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: