Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rehab Report

I'm officially up and around! I'm going to rehab 3 times a week, and am putting weight on and walking on my bum foot. Albeit, very slowly and quite gingerly..and only in my new sneaks. Walking w/o shoes or less supportive shoes is next to impossible...at least for any distance over 10 feet. Turns out my calf and knee muscles, which weren't in the best shape to begin with along with every other muscle in my body, lost almost all strength. So, on top of getting my ankle working again, we have to work on the whole leg.

As I've mentioned before, my personal goal is to be up and around by 6/30, at the VERY latest. My rehab gal says we can start considering my driving after the end of next week. EVERYONE has cautioned me that this is the most dangerous period. When I think I can do more than I can, and subsequently reinjure the dumb thing. I am bound and determined that it will not happen to me!

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: