Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

What was I waiting for?

Seriously. What the hell was I waiting for????

Long time readers of this blog recall that I threw my back out and herniated 3 discs almost 5 years ago, at the tail end of my maternity leave. Since then, i've had back problems, and found that one of the only chairs in my house that I can sit in, was the glider. It was moved to my living room.

Problem is, the glider was white, and my living room is full of dark espresso brown furniture. Today, I took the bull by the horns, FINALLY, and bought a few cans of spray paint. I did the footstool first, to see how it would turn out, and LOVE IT!!

I bought some extra paint tonight, and will be doing the chair first thing in the morning.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Adorable - I think I have the same rocker set!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

We painted the chair this morning. And I do mean "we". Both T and I had spraycans going at the same time. Needless to say, my glider is not painted with quite the precision as I did the stool. Many more drip spots as T would hold the can too close to the chair.

But you know what? I wouldn't change those drip spots for the world!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: