Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Update

So, we had some fun this weekend, but it was not without a cost. Dot came over on Sat., so that I could go to a surprise bday party for a friend. She was sick as a dog. Deep cough and fever. Two days later, I have a cough and think I have a slight fever. I'm hoping if I get it, that its a milder case than what she got.

On Sunday, after dealing with my parents, I took T off to Sunset Place, and we went to "Color Me Mine". That's one of those ceramics stores that are popping up. We had a fab time painting a small box shaped like a butterfly. After painting, we leave it there to be cooked in the kiln, and will pick it up next weekend. We then went to the movies: Gnomeo and Juliette. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about. Cute movie.

Today, since I'm getting sick, we have had a slow day around the house. Carlos has been here working and I'm the proud new owner of a patio table, chairs and sideboard, that have been thoroughly sanded, primed and painted a nice black semi-gloss. 1000% improvement there!

That's it for now. Meanwhile, it appears I owe my Aunt Connie a nickel. She is well aware of just how quickly I cave under my daughter's pleading gaze. T got a little purchase from her fav store: Claire's, an accessory store geared toward young girls through teens...despite my empty vows!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

We saw Gnomeo and Juliet last weekend. It was cute. Did you guys see Tangled? My recent fave - lots of funny lines in that one.
We also passed the cold with the fever through our house and the cough is yucky. Hang in there and if it goes into your chest, visit the doc for antibiotics - don't wait.
Good luck!

Connie said...

Hope everyone is all better but Dottie if you need a vet I can get you there. I owe you. Love U 3.
PS - Can't accept the nickel since I knew it would happen. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: