Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

No School

Let me just say that the teachers at T's school know what they're doing when it comes to scheduling their floating holidays. They have 3 "unscheduled" ones, that they spring on us just a few weeks before they happen...much to a single working mom's annoyance! First was the Friday b/f MLK Day. Yesterday was the second: Friday before Pres Day. Therefore, we get a 4 day weekend!

T and I just hung out yesterday. Bank and Breakfast at Dennys, then Costco where I had to pick up some photos I had ordered. While there I found a new sun umbrella for my back patio and the heaviest stand known to man. Finally, my umbrella may actually stay up in a light breeze. Carlos was here sanding and painting my patio furniture, so at least the patio is shaping up for the party.

T then asked if we could do something fun after hauling all our costco purchases home. T usually means a park, an arcade, or something like that. This time, though, when I asked her what she wanted to do...mentally preparing myself for an afternoon in the park, my darling daughter replied....

"I want to go to the mall, walk around, and just look at stuff"

She still wanted to go, even when informed we would not be buying anything!

SCORE!!!!!

So, off we went to Dadeland to troll the mall and have dinner. Great way to start the weekend!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

"Not buying anything"? Bet a nichol you can't do it.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: