Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Infirmary Central

I'm starting to feel like I run an infirmary around here. I am officially sick. Stayed home today wallowing in bed. Still feel like crap. Fever hovers between 99.8 and 101. Will probably have to stay home tomorrow as well. All my statements and appointments I had at work to be reset. Sigh.

I've realized that this is the 3rd fever I've had this year...and its only February! Before T, I don't think I had 3 fevers in 30 years! Of course this time, its the adults infecting each other. So far T is OK. Lets hope that as soon as I'm better she doesn't succomb to this bug.

Meanwhile, big milestone tonight: T came out of the shower this evening, and announced that she shampooed and conditioned her hair all by herself...for the first time ever. By the smell of it, it appears to be true. We'll see, though, after it dries whether or not she was able to wash all the soap out. Tomorrow may be a ponytail day. Either way, kudos to T for doing it herself! She is extremely proud of herself. She claimed, "I'm just like an adult, but a little girl".

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

Well, things not to good at the Casa on #1. Hope you & Dorothy are feeling much better and T does't get it. T deserves bushels of kudos - that was a giant step for a little girl. xox

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Yep, what's even more amazing is that there was no need for a ponytail this morning. She got out ALL the soap!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

It's we'd nite and I'm still cookin at 100 degrees. This is getting real old real fast. I'm bumming.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: