Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Is the cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?

Hmmm, I have two ways of looking at today:

1. Letting T sleep in late did no good, b/c she came home with a yellow light anyway,

or

2. Letting T sleep in late was a stroke of genius, and we successfully avoided the red light.

I'm going to go with scenario number 2. I consider myself a glass is half full kind of person anyway. But yes, T came home with a yellow light. Not sure why. Something about playing in class. I'll get the full story tomorrow.

Meanwhile, she's officially unplugged for tonight and tomorrow, which bugs me b/c that means I'm unplugged as well. All I can do is play on the computer.

Clearly, I'm have some creative punishment thinking to do, so that I can watch Glee tomorrow night. I'll have to come up with some obscure reason to amend the punishment, yet still maintain an illusion of consistency.

I always did love making up my own rules!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Anonymous said...

Carol, glass half full. If Dorothy is right, that T had a nap midday, I totally agree sounds like Ms. T is getting a little old for a nap, as it will interrupt a peaceful night of sleep. Some kids just do not require as much sleep as others. The trick, as I am sure you know, is to know the difference. And, lights are always changing colors, right? Yellow is definitely better than red. Tomorrow is a whole new day. Kathie

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: