Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Its official, my daughter was put on the face of this earth and brought into my life to kill me...or drive me straight into a nervous breakdown. Cant decide which. We were at Bascom Palmer today for the followup appt with the ENT. As I said before, the treatment of JRP is DO NOTHING. I LOVED this appointment.

The hot on the heels of that appointment (pun intended), just when we get home and I start to relax, T comes over to me saying that she stepped on a pencil. She proceeds to hand me the broken off point. I can't tell if there is still some left in her foot, so instead of dealing with it myself, I decided to let the professionals handle it. I quickly bagged the pencil point in a ziplock with the skill of a MDPD crime scene tech (who really are the best), and went tearing out of the house to the doc.

Visions of lead poisoning were in my head...planted there by years of teachers lecturing about the dangers of eating pencils or stabbing someone with a pencil due to lead poisoning. Figured they might want to test the lead content of the pencil that T stabbed herself with. So out the door we went, with me screeching at poor T, "TIP TOE, TIP TOE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Um, not so fast.

First thing the doc says to me upon walking into the room is that pencils today are made of graphite, not lead. Luckily, T stabbed herself with a new pencil, and not one of the 40 yr old pencils from my parents house that I used as a child. Doc says the mark may stay for quite a while, and she may have tatooed herself. Oy. Luckily, its just a dot on the bottom of her foot...that has not come out in the bath.

I'll be off to the liquor store first chance tomorrow, to replenish my supply of baileys, kahlua, and vodka.

Meanwhile, the teach sent home some schoolwork that T has been busy with. I could only laugh upon reviewing it. Look closely at rule number 3.

Apparently, T still seems to have a problem recognizing the efficacy of that little gem of a rule. Its clear that her original, first impulse was to mark that rule "not a good rule".

Sigh. Call me crazy, but I'm envisioning some playground problems in our future.

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Hee...hee hee hee. Sorry, that's all I got! The post made my day though.

Wanda said...

Well....if I was close by - I'd join for that drink mixture.!!

Starting Kindergarten with a bang, I see. And how is Mommy doing? Don't answer that. I already know.

Enjoyed this post, despite your understandable angst. Have a great holiday week-end!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: