Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

In Honor of Aunt Ceci

...guess who T is going to be for Halloween?

I was roaming Target at lunch, and came across this costume in the halloween section, which I immediately snatched up. There was just one in a size small.

T has been campaigning for a horendously expensive dress from Catching Fireflies. Its the Victorian Goth costume. Now, don't bet me wrong, I'm now above spending an outrageous amount of moola on a costume...if its cute. This one wasn't, and no amount of persuasion could get T to agree to the Carmen Miranda fruit on the head costume, nor the GoGo girl outfit. sigh.

Its started. T and I have different ideas of what is cute, and she's starting to assert herself more and more. So, I pulled a fait accompli, and just brought this one home. I think the head piece and the sequins won the day. Also the fact that its beige and in T's mind resembles a brides dress.

This costume is in honor of Aunt Ceci, b/c I happen to remember a certain halloween when she dressed up as Cleopatra. She was a bit oblivious, but you should have seen the guys falling over themselves to catch a glimpse of her, as we made our way (i think) to the bandshell. or was it a party? things are a bit fuzzy, and not just due to the passage of time!

Can't wait for halloween to come!

Posted by Picasa

6 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

She looks great !! My motto - I let you look - but then viola - look what I brought home...it was like a kid in a candy store when we looked at them online - I want I want I want...oy vey

Anonymous said...

I have major costume envy!!! That headpiece is way fancier than my tin foil covered headband!

Does this mean that next year she will venture out as Medusa?

xoxo,
Cecilia

PS - I am so close to getting Gabs the go-go costume but the boots don't come in her size. As of today, I am making her wear her goth vampire costume again. Who knows what will happen tomorrow!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

You were Medusa?? I was certain that it had been Cleopatra. I'll never forget your tin foil cobra headpiece. But apparently I'm forgetting everything else!

Shoot. We'll be medusa next year!

Anonymous said...

No - you were right! I was Cleopatra one year and the next I was Medusa. The snakes on my head were repurposed fishing worms. Remember? Although, I'm sure it may well be something you want to forget!
xoxo

Dorothy said...

Is a history lesson required? Have you even explained who Cleopatra is? Am I going to have to conduct this history lesson. OR is this another Princess?

Brownie Troop 157 said...

No lessen reqd. T knows she was a queen a long long time ago who has her own dance (walk like an Egyptian). Seems enough for her.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: