Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bound to happen sometime

with all the excitement of yesterday and skipping school, I forgot what day today was. It was PE day at school, and I forgot to dress T in her PE uniform. Instead, she was in her regular one. Neither of us realized until we pulled into the parking lot, T spied a classmate and yelled, "But its Thursday!!"

Ooops.

T was very insistent that I tell Mrs. Cabezas that it was my fault and not hers, which I promptly did. I knew this would eventually happen, it was only a matter of time.

Meanwhile, I put so much crap in T's hair everyday to ward off potential lice, that some of it develops into little white flakes. Everytime I see the least little speck in her hair, I'm picking at it like a crazy woman, afraid that its you-know-what. Oy, the stress.

Luckily, its all been a continuous pattern of false alarms, which is wonderful! So, we're doing homework, have a date with a shampoo bottle, and then I'll be trying to adhere all of the the girl scout daisy crap to her vest. I'm hoping and iron will suffice, and I don't have to break out a needle and thread.

Hope you all have a great night!

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

What is "PE Day"? Hope the white flakes never grow legs - lol :-))

Brownie Troop 157 said...

HeHeHe,

Been a long time since you've been exposed to school jargon, right?

PE Day is Physical Education Day. On Thursdays, they have a class of Physical Education, and they must wear their official shorts and Tshirt with sneakers.

Poor T was in her plaid dress and black patent leather mary janes.

Connie said...

I feel so...well, dumb. I should have been able to figure that out.
Hope ya'll have an easy-going weekend.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: