Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Officially De-Loused

It's official. We have been de-loused. Never in a million years, would I ever think it would even be necessary, but there you have it. Neither Dot nor I had been infected We were thoroughly checked.

T, on the other hand, was a different story. As I said before, I had been constantly looking through her hair since the letter came home from school, but saw nothing. I did start seeing the "nits" or egg adhered to her hair, but no bugs until Saturday. I saw one in her hair at Target, but couldn't get to it to kill it. I saw it again in sears tire center and killed it. Looked through her hair, and saw no more, but called in the professionals just in case as a preventative measure.

Good frickin thing I did! They combed at least 20 actual bugs out of the childs hair, and an untold number of nits. I was dying. T hadn't even been itching. I never imagined that she'd have so many in her hair. Lady said that this was not a bad case, at all, but a light one. Good lord, I can't imagine what a regular or even heavy case would be like.

So, I have Leonor here de lousing the house. All the bed linens, towels, brushes, etc are being washed in scalding hot water. I also have many instructions for the coming week. Louse calls says, though, that she is now cleared to return to school, thank god.

So, there you have it. I'm exhausted from the stress of it all. On an upnote, the relief worker at my parents house seems to have worked out well.

Hope everyone's weekend was a bit less stressful and itchy than mine!

Posted by Picasa

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

On another upnote:

Taylor loves the shampoo we bought from Louse Calls, b/c as she says, "It smells like nordstrom's chocolate"

It smells like mint, similar to the norstroms chocolate mint sticks that T absolutely adores!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! So much for a low key weekend! Thank God for Louse Calls - can you imagine having to delouse Taylor on your own? Glad she is going back to school so you don't have to use your vacation time.
xoxo
Cecilia

Connie said...

Hip-Hip-Hurray. You sunk the ship and dodged another bullet. What next? xox

Amy Graff, LouseCalls, Inc. said...

We are happy to help. So glad you are happy and lice free!
I love the analogy to Nordstrom's Chocolate mint sticks...yummy!

Amy
LouseCalls, Inc.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: