Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wannado City

We woke up bright and early and headed out to have some fun. Wound up having lunch at Cheesecake. But for Taylor's mom, it was more of a liquid lunch. I was mentally preparing for our first visit to Wannado City. Taylor was very excited about the concept of Wannado City, but no so much the reality. Lots of things the kid does without parents, and she balked. I think maybe if Sophia and Nick were with her, she would have participated more.

So, we ended up in the carnival part of the place, and T actually rode on some of the rides. Here, she is on the Merry-Go-Round.
T even asked to go on this airplane ride, which was a first. My girl is a big fat chicken when it comes to rides, and deemed rides such as this too scary in the past. She started out in the front of one of the planes, then at the last minute got out and joined this kid in the 2nd seat. By the end of the ride, she was issuing orders like a drill sargeant to the poor kid, and even reaching over him to grab the controls. Bit of a control freak, my kid.


Finally, we left and met Dot for dinner. A big shoe sale was going on, and T scored her first pair of boots. How could I resist? They were less than 20 bucks, and so stinkin cute I couldn't stand it. Reminded me of my black patent leather crinkle boots I had at about the same age.

I can hear old Nancy Sinatra now...

"Them boots are made for walkin' "

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: