Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Freezing in Miami

No, I'm not talking weather...I'm talking refrigerators. Mine's working again. I'm now eternally greatful that my ice maker went kaput last thanksgiving...making me call the repairman who convinced me to buy the stupid service contract that I never buy b/c I think they're rips. I take that back. My repair today was free, vs. 496.97. Yikes.

Picked up some milk after work, and we're back in business.

Meanwhile, am I a bad mom for being thrilled...I mean THRILLED...whenever T says she wants cereal for dinner? Anybody else out there ever experience this particular thrill as well?

Since there's still nothing in my freezer except ice cream, her choice for dinner was particularly inspired, I thought!

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Yep - I know what you mean. Living out of an ice chest is no fun. Tell T that I have cereal for dinner quite often and I'm loving it. No muss, no fuss, no bother. WTG. xox

Laura said...

Yay for service contracts! Sara has never done "cereal for dinner" but occasionally Steve will arrange "breakfast for dinner" which is also incredibly simple. Last night Sara begged for mac and cheese for dinner and I was all over it. Sometimes I even break down and nuke some hot dogs to go with it. I think keeping it simple is the best way to keep our sanity.

Mom2Isabel said...

Hi there,
Another Florida single mom here.
I have to say I just laughed out loud about the cereal for dinner question. I could just about dance a jig when my daughter requests "Raisin Bran without the raisins" for dinner.

Nice to "meet" another single AP.

Laureen in Jax
www.MyChineseShamrock.blogspot.com

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: