Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Misc. Ramblings

These are the pictures you find on your phone, when your daughter has figured out how to use it.
Meanwhile, I took my dad to the doc last week, b/c he's been having terrible pain in both shoulders, and has lost the ability to lift his arms over his head without great pain. He blames it on a dust up he got into with 4 Fla. DOT employees, when they were building 836 behind our old house. Um, that was about 43 years ago. I don't think so.

So, the doc xrayed him up, took one look and said he could tell us what's wrong with one look: His shoulders are destroyed. If he was in his 50's or even 60's, the doc would suggest shoulder replacement surgery. Unfortunately, pops is a bit older than that. See his shoulder bones? Its supposed to look like a nice symetrical ball in a socket. Instead of my poor dads garbled, bone on bone, arthritis ridden mess.
So, the doc prescribed some anti inflamatory medicine, and we're slated to see him again on monday. Good news is that the drugs...which cost a king's ransom...are working. He's in less pain, so I guess that's good.
In other news, I can officially retire in 10 years. By that time I bet I'll be ready for an assisted living facility. Not sure why my parents wouldn't like that, it sounds like heaven to me. I could use a few people to assist me with my life!

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Anonymous said...

Seeing the buckle from his suspenders on the xray is hysterical.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: