Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Weekend duty Starts

Well, my mom is home from the hospital, and Dot and I are about to start our weekend duty. Who knows how it will go. My mom's got some real medical problems. She has a bad blatter infection, that needs IV medicine everyday to treat. Problem is that she pulled the port out today. Can't be reinserted unless she's admitted to a facility again. So the doc will be ordering up shots. I'm thanking God that the 300.00 worth of IV medicine that was delivered yesterday can still be used.

My mom's bedsores remain, and are of course getting worse since being home for the past 2 days since her catheter is out. Everything is getting damp once again, which makes things exponentially worse.

She can't help move herself anymore like she did before. Can barely stand. Changing her is now much harder. So, this weekend will be interesting how we cope.

For T who is stuck here as well, I got her a new Wii game and also the Tiana movie that I set up in one of the upstairs bedrooms, to get her through the weekend having fun.

We're gearing up for her bday party, which was a logistical planning nightmare due to our obligations to my mom. Luckily, my friend Marie offered to cook dinner for us and have a small party with her 2 kids in attendence on Sunday the 27th, after the aide arrives to relieve Dot and I. When Marie suggested it, I started bawling. What a load has been lifted from my shoulders. I was going to rent out gymkids, and invite her whole class, but that's just not to be this year.

T's big present is a Nintendo DS Lite. Big money, probably too much for something for a 5 yr old, but her mother's guilt spurred her to purchase it in hopes that it will distract her here in the sick house.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: