Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rehab Update

My mother remains in the rehab hospital. The therapists report that they beleive that they can reverse totally the affects of her latest stroke, IF she cooperates with the therapy. This was really good news. Plus, they have a catheter in her, which means that the area on her tailbone, where the bed sore is located, is dry and healing. All that is good. She's slated to come home probably on St. Patricks Day.

Then there's my dad.

He left the house yesterday at 6:30 in the morning, and was over there all frickin day long. I got a call around 4, that he was packing her up and taking her home. I drove like a maniac, got there in time, and averted disaster. Of course, it necessitated a huge fight and much emotional upset. Luckily, I spoke to my mom and was able to convince her to stay. I thank god that she consented for that moment, b/c if she hadn't I don't know what would have happened.

We were then up with him talking til around one in the morning. Told him he can't be over there all the time. Mom is ok there, but as soon as she sees my dad, she starts the "i want to go home" routine. I guess after about 10 hours, he couldn't take it anymore. Of course, he's up this morning and dressed at 6:30 again, and we're trying to keep him away.

So, we agreed to do shifts at the rehab. He said if we're there, he wouldn't feel like he's neglecting her. Why he thinks he's neglecting her by getting her the help she needs and being over there about 8 - 10 hours a day, I'm not sure. But, that's that.

So, dot is taking t off to jungle island today with her idol sophie. I'll be trying to keep him away from the rehab hospital and further decompensating.

He had been so good this past week. I was really hopeful that we'd have one or two more relaxing weekends before my mom came home. That's not to be. Shit has hit the fan once again, and all we can do is dodge, duck, and make the best of it all.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

Never a dull moment around your neck of the woods.

Hope you can catch some R&R this week-end!

chart said...

Well, turn off the fan, have a stiff one, close your eyes and make yourself believe that tomorrow will be a better day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Love U all.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: