Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Been a Bit Busy

Wow...has a whole week past since I last updated? Hard to believe. Hmmm, what's been going on you may ask? I think bullets are in order:

  • Raining cats and dogs today. Dot was at my dad's house all week babysitting him, and now we've had the changing of the guard and I'm here for weekend duty.
  • Last weekend was just OK, with my dad forgetting our plan of sitting shifts, and showing up at the hospital at all times. I chased him out sunday, after he was threatening to take my mom for a ride, b/c as he says, "she likes it". May be. Problem is the woman is in no shape to go for a Sunday drive. Oy.
  • While at the hospital saturday and sunday, I was able to read two really good books by my friend, Jillian Hoffman. She's got three out. Order them up from amazon. Highly recommend them.
  • We returned home on Sunday, to bare cupboards. Still haven't done any grocery shopping since the fridge incident. Thank god for take out/delivery.
  • Here's a tip for all of you instant macaroni and cheese afficionados: The expiration date on the box? Um, they really, really mean it. I had some up on a top shelf forever. "Best if used by July 7, 2007". I figured what could go wrong with instant mac? One word: LOTS. Yuck. Grossest thing I've tried to make yet. It all went staight to the garbage.
  • T got sick over the weekend, and then got progressively worse. Stayed home on Tuesday and Wednesday. Doc said on tuesday no ear infection, just a virus. Fast forward a whole day and a half, and I get a call from the school on Thursday: T is complaining that her ear hurts. Huh? Quick visit to the after-hours doc revealed... you guessed it... a frickin' ear infection. She's downing meds twice a day.
  • BTW, T-stats a whole 2 weeks before her 5th bday are: a little over 42 inches tall, and 34 pounds.
  • By Thursday night, I was feeling like crap. She's infected me. Par for the course, right? So, I'm secretly happy to be over at the old 123 house. Hopefully I can get some rest.
  • T has a soccar game on Saturday, that is, if its not raining. Stay tuned for some pics.
  • That's it for now....

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: