Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Sentimentality

What can I say? Its 5:00 a.m., I can't sleep, the holidays are coming, and I'm counting my blessings and feeling a bit sentimental and a whole lot thankful. While trolling the web, I came across the below quote, that is probably very familiar to those of us in the "adoption community", and less familiar to those outside. Not sure who wrote it, but I've come across it many times over the years, and it has the power to make me tear up every time:


We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.

But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those who wait to love them...






...Are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Oh great. I'm supposed to be working, now I'm blubbering. We are blessed.
Where did you get the pic of T. in the crib? Do you know who the child next to her is? She kind of looks like Audrey Ng, don't you think? I'm probably projecting.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Good eye, Laura, (wet though they may be)!

Nanci sent the pic to me after we returned from china, and she realized who else was in it. B/c A had some issues, they had requested additional information, and received some photos, one of which was this one, shortly before leaving for china.

This photo is worth more to me than all the $$ on earth.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: