Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Good Lord, What a Day...

The day started on such a high note. Such fun plans. Everyone was excited. We decided that we'd go visit my parents, then head up to the Aventura mall to visit with Santa.

T made her list, which is not in code, but in T-write. Most of the things she seemingly inexplicably listed, were actually things she had seen the night before in gift baskets at her school. So, for the moment, she wants:

1. Handy Manny tool table
2. Barbie scoooter
3. Nerf gun
4. Truck
5. Pet Shop house
6. Tinkerbell
7. Princess
8. Christmas pin (no idea what this is), and lastly...
9. Aqua Sand, which she saw on TV and made me add to the list.
So, we trudged to the mall and entered the line to see santa. The dark abyss of a line. The longest and slowest line you've ever seen. I felt like we were in a lost scene from A Christmas Story. Oy.

This lovely picture was taken a mere 30 minutes into our wait. I also think that's the last time I saw T smile. In her defense, it was 1:00 p.m. bordering on 2:00. She needed a nap and hadn't eaten much in the excitement. She decided that she wanted to leave. Dot convinced her to stay, but I knew the game was up. Wouldn't you know, that when it was finally our turn....

Guess. Take one Guess.

That's right. She wanted nothing frickin' to do with the damned Santa. Broke out in a bawling tantrum... tears, screams and everything. Refused to go anywhere near poor Santa.

Poor Dot had to basically carry her the whole way to the car, which was conveniently located at the other end of the huge mall. She's been a grump to deal with ever since. I had to put her in time-out this evening, and she totally up-ended the toy baskets in her room in her rage.

After a late nap, which will conveniently screw our night sleeping on a school night, she seems back to normal.

On an upnote, I was able to buy my sissy's xmas present online and am very excited about it. Bummer is, I can't go into detail as she checks this old blog out every hour or so.

So, now we're home and T is thoroughly enjoying a Scooby Doo movie.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Auntie said...

What? A gift for me? What is it? I haven't got your's yet. I have an idea but don't think you would appreciate it like I would.

Wanda said...

Ah yes - the Santa freak-out! We've all been through it. Five years ago with my Dahlia and toady with the little one - Milana.

I just has to be.

Hope your munchkin can get up in the morning for school. Nothin like screwing up the sleep cycle.

:)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: