Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Desparately Seeking Suggestions from Snowbirds

Well, I've recently found out that snow is coming to Miami. Specifically, its coming to T's school on Saturday morning, for breakfast with Santa. Apparently, they'll be blowing man-made stuff in. I expect it will last all of 15 minutes, as it will probably be the usual muggy 80's here in the old swamp, rising quickly to almost 90. I picture a chilly wet, muddy mess.

So, here's the advice I need....what the hell do I dress T in?

I haven't played in snow since that one and only time, when I was 4 or 5 yrs old, and we were up visiting my cousins in NY. Don't recall what I was wearing, though I suspect it was some type of snow suit. Even if I had a snow suit for T, which I don't, I figure that would be totally inappropriate since it will be so damn hot. Now, I'm not a total idiot. I realize that she'll have to be in her keds vs. sandals. My main concern is her hands, since I know she'll be wanting to make and throw snowballs. The school recommends gloves, but what kind?

The only pair of gloves we own, are Cinderella ball gown gloves. I suppose they could do in a pinch.

Advice anyone?

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Auntie Dottie said...

Can't you find some of our winter Europe gear? She'll be so excited she won't feel the cold. Just like kids don't feel heat, running around in 90 degree heat

Laura said...

Ignore the school and don't sweat the gloves. We went to an event here in July (yes, July!) where they brought in snow and we went to a winterfest before we moved too. There's one here on Saturday. Bring a change of clothes and a towel (leave it in the car if you can) and don't worry about it. She may get wet but she won't be cold. You may also want to do capris instead of shorts and a longer sleeved shirt to protect more of her body but I would not bother with gloves. She'll have a ball.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: