Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

Due to inappropriate napping times and being off scheduled from no school, T was wide awake at 11:00 p.m., when I demanded she join me in bed. We laid there for quite a while, with T looking outside for Santa every 10 minutes. Finally, just as she was about to nod off, we heard banging. Dot was putting the leaf in the table. T got an excited look on her face, turned to me, and said, "Mama, its Santa. He's here. The kid truly believed that santa was here. Wouldn't believe me til I said lets go see, to prove that it was Aunt Dot. Poor thing. She finally went to actual sleep around 12 - 12:30.

I'm happy to report that I was able to assemble the big wheel in less than an hour. You can see a bit of its wheel in the picture. However, I was doing that at about 12:30 in the morning. As I finished, Dot wantted to get rid of the boxes, and opened the door to put them outside. Unfortunately, the alarm was on and blew with a glorious cocaphany of sound.

Guess who woke up?
I went back into the room with her, to get her to go to sleep, and then every damn time I got up to go and put the presents out, I'd here a voice just as I was going out the door, "Mama, where are you going?"

"The bathroom", I replied.

This happened about 3 times until I finally fell asleep. Luckily, Aunt Dot put out all the presents without a sound.

We woke up around 8:30, with T immediately looking out side and exclaiming, "Its taking so long, all the reindeer food is still there. Santa's never coming". I had to convince her that Santa was in a hurry last night, and perhaps the reindeer could not eat it all. So up we got, and the unwrapping commenced. T pronounced that This is the best Christmas Ever.


She loves her big wheel, her razor scooter, and of course, her 3 musketeers dress and cape. Tiana was made a big showing, and we're trying to go and see the movie this weekend.

So after our big morning, I was on jitney duty to go and pick up my Aunt and Parents. T came along and we threw the big wheel in the schoolbus, to take to my parents, who actually gave her that gift.

...then the drama began...

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Never, ever, in my 86 years have I had a Xmas to compare with 2009 and I thank my loving family for making it all possible. As my son said, "What a family".

Laura said...

Sounds like fun!! Sara's still wired but slowly crashing and is quietly playing games on her new Leapster, dressed in one of her new dress-up gowns. Go see Princess and the Frog - I think I enjoyed it more than Sara but she gave it a thumbs-up too. She's Tiana this morning.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: