Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Dinner...with a side of drama

It seems it wouldn't be a holiday without drama. We were so happy to avoid any on thanksgiving. Nobody drove into the house. Nobody went to the ER. No Kitchen incidents. All was well. ...then came Christmas. Here's the rest of the story...

So, we arrived at my parents' house to pick them up, and before going in I pulled the big wheel out so that T could get a bit of a ride in. My little barrio doesn't have any sidewalks, and their neighborhood does. Anyway, I leave my Aunt outside with T, who is whizzing around their circular driveway, and enter the house.

I find them both in the kitchen. My mom is on the kitchen floor, and my dad is attempting to help her up, but is having difficulty because his shoulders give him great pain. Good lord. Between the 2 of us, we get her back on her feet again. Luckily, she wasn't injured. I believe that she blacked out b/c she's not eating. Forgets to eat or refuses to eat...and drinks barely nothing. She's down to around 120 something pounds and I suspect a bit dehydrated. Two years ago she was 155. Last year she was 135. I figure the best thing to do is load her in the car, take her to my house, and feed the woman. (I'm now starting to research food delivery services).

Anyway, I make her take her medicine with a small bottle of ensure (which she downed), stuck her hearing aid in her ear (against her insistence that she doesn't need it), and off we went.

We had a fab time opening presents. Dot got them a new phone set, with 5 handsets. We put 3 of them in the fla room, near every chair. Figure with 3 ringing in one room, they may hear the thing. Plus, they won't have to get up and rush to answer it, as it will be right next to them.

Installing them caused the next drama. For one, I needed an extension cord, and found one of their relic power strips in the utility room. Looked old, but they were currently using a similar one with their TV, so I figured it would be OK. WRONG! So, I lay it on the floor, plug in the new phone to it, then go over to plug the thing into the other power strip.

Oh.My.God.

Out of my peripheral vision, I see a big beachball sized circle of yellow, blue, etc and hear a huge electrical buzzing sound...along with the smell of burning. I scream and immediately unplug what I was plugging in. Scared the hell out of me. Thank god I plugged it in that way verses reverse order, or my hand would have been in the ball. Thank god T was not "helping" as she is want to do. Thank god nothing caught on fire. Thank god for alot of things. Luckily, the only thing fried was my nerves.

So, that power strip and the one that they had been using that looked just like it went directly into the garbage can, and I hunted up some newer ones.

We were back home by about 4:00, and I was EXHAUSTED.

So ends our xmas.
On Saturday, we went to the movies and saw the Princess and the Frog. T did very well at the movies. She hadn't been since a traumatic incident at Disney with a certain 3D movie about a year or more ago. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Egads, Carol. I am extremely thankful you were not injured during the extension cord episode. Boy, those Jordans sure manufacture a lot of accidental excitment on holidays. Again, thank you, T, Dotty, Geraldine and Tom for my wonderful day.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: