Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Out of the Mouthes of Babes

So, here was my day...

We woke up and went to a 9:10 dr. appointment on Miami Beach. Turns out T has redness in her throat, but tested negative for strep, thank god. She's 42 pounds and 40.5 inches. When I raised the issue of the rocks in her throat...i.e. parotid gland ...doc wrote me out a referral to an infectious disease expert at Miami children's hospital. Unknown is this is just T's body's reaction to a general virus, or if its something more. He'll have to sort that out. Our appointment is on thursday afternoon.

Dropped T back at school and was at work by 10. Then, after a call from the gas man, charged out at noon to my parents house. They are the happy new owners of a brand spankin' new gas water heater. Much more efficient than the old one. Heated up the water in 20 minutes. The guy did say, though, not to expect this one to last 30 years or more like the old one. Things just aren't made as well as they were. Says we'll be lucky to get about 10 years out of the new one. Ah well.

Went charging back to work, and was there by 2. I even was happy with what I accomplished today. Maybe with all the running around, I was in overdrive, so I guess all is good.

Meanwhile, most who know me, know that I have pictures of T everywhere at work. I have a bunch on the wall in front of my desk, and also as my screensaver. Its set to randomly display all the photos in my "Photos" file on the computer. Of course, T is the only subject of all the pictures. So...the point of the title....

I go to pick T up from school, and while chatting with the teacher, she said I must tell you something. Taylor came up to me and said "My mommy works in a building" Teach replied, "Really? What does she do?". What does my daughter reply?

"My mommy sits at a desk in a building and looks at pictures of me on her computer".

Yep, that's pretty much an accurate summary of my day!

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: