Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

And they call it, Puppy love-uv-uv-uv

oh i guess they'll, never know...
how a young heart, really feels-eel-eel-eels...
an-and why I, love her so-o.

Remember that dreamy Donny Osmond song? That's the tune that went through my head today, as I picked up my sweaty, dirty mess of a daughter. She literally had about 5 little boys, most older, following her all around the playground like the pied-piper. They were running in a line with T in the front, across the balance beam, through the jungle gym, etc. As I yelled for her, they all come running after her when she made a bee-line for me. The tallest, and bravest of the boys asked the following:


Kid: Is Taylor chinese?

Me: yes, she is. (wondering where this is going)

Kid: That's what I thought. (he says with a big smile) She looks just like the girl in a movie I have. Its called Monsters Inc

Sweet child. He thought what Dot and I have always thought, T looks like "Boo". Anyway, They all waved bye, we'll see you tomorrow. Taylor , as she was walking into the classroom to get her lunch box, was looking behind her flirting and waving to the boy...and pulled an Aunt Ceci move...walked right into a chair. Ooops

Smooth Move.

But, I shouldn't be so quick to second guess my daughter's ability to manipulate the boys. Inside the classroom was little Victor, another little boy getting a drink. He had been one of the pack following T. T proceeds to make sounds like she's hurting with pain, and starts limping, and he comes over all concerned. Poor boy had to have asked T about 3 times if she was ok, and was very concerned. Yeah, that's my girl.

The same girl that Mrs. Maranges informs me takes spills on the playground, draws blood, and gets right up without a peep and continues playing. Victor informed me that they just started playing with T the other day, and like her alot b/c she can run fast.

Did I mention that after we left the room, T was miraculously cured? No limping in sight.

I'm truly impressed!

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Anonymous said...

LOL, she takes after her Aunt Ceci...

Stacey said...

Kids are so funny. How can you blame the little boys? She is so cute!



Stacey
LID 8-8-06

Anonymous said...

Hey! No picking on me and my smooth boy catching moves! That goes for you too Anonymous!

Well, at least T made a great recovery and played the I'm hurt sympathy card! If only I had such skill....

xoxo,
Cecilia

Brownie Troop 157 said...

yeah, I know...

Perhaps if I had skills comparable to T, I wouldn't be single at my ripe, old, unmentionalbe age!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: