Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Day Off Work - Can I vent?

Hi all,

Took the day off work today, to deal with issues with my parents. I'm helping my dad with some probate issues that he's involved in. Still not done.

As I'm there, my crazy father mentions that there are no matches in the house that work. He's been trying to find some to relight the pilot light on the gas water heater.

WHAT????

I had been meaning to call someone to come out an look at it for a while now, as its over 30 years old and not properly vented. Now, its even more important. Turns out we won't get anyone out this weekend. $250.00 per hour on the weekend. Highway robbery. Their regular rates are $165.00 per hour. Holy moly. I should have grown up to be a gas tech vs. a government lawyer.

Anyway, I have someone set to come out on monday to install a new water heater. Why put money in a 30 yr old appliance, right? Plus, the gas company has a program that they switch it out for no out of pocket expenses. they'll just bill you 9.99 for the next 60 months. That's basically the cost of the new unit plus installation, spread over 60 months with no interest. Sounds pretty good to me.

Nope. Dad wants to "check into it". Translation: do nothing for weeks. Meanwhile, my mom is taking cold showers.

They can be so frustrating, at times, that I could scream.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

I admire your patience and wish I could help. xxooxx

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: