Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Fun Friday

Today was fun friday at school. That means, that all the kids in the class get to bring a toy to school to share with all the other kids. Plus, if you pay $3.50, they can have a happy meal for lunch.

NOBODY loves happy meals more than my kid. Unfortunately, guess who had not a dime to her name this morning? I had so been meaning to go to the ATM the night before, but forgot. There was no time to go this morning. There never is.

Luckily, I remembered that T has money. Whenever she has a purse, my dad is always giving her money to put in it. The other week, Dot was looking in T's purse, and discovered the kid had like 24 bucks. Apparently my crazy father had given her some ones, and may or may not have realized that there was a 20 in there with them.

I pocketed the 20 a few weeks ago, and the other 4 came in real handy this morning. So, I owe my 4 yr old some $$. Who would have thought?

Meanwhile, I discovered today that on most first fridays, when school gets out early....brace yourselves....

THERE IS AFTERCARE!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had I know that little kernal of info, today would, in fact, have been a mommy day, as I got off work early.

Damn!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Vicki said...

Hey Ya'll. Glad you checked the ole blog on Gotcha Day.
I'm SOO happy to know I'm not the only mom who TAKES their kid's money. Ha. Ha. No lie. That ATM calls me all the time for lunch money. I promise...I've borrowed from other teacher friends in the building to cover her meal payment for the week. I pay back, but dawg gone it. I KNOW how you feel.I'm such a sleeze.
I'd put some cash aside, but I know I'd spend it on junk.
Yee ha for aftercare on a Friday.
Truth be told!!!
Hugs to all this Labor Day weekend,
Vicki and Emily

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: