Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Best Invention Ever!!

So while trolling Target today (I didn't need a thing but dot did, yet somehow I spent 100 bucks), I found the best invention ever. Dot had gone off to take T to the bathroom, so I was wandering the kitchen section...something I rarely do. I was actually searching for the "As Seen On TV" section for that neato brownie pan. You know, the one that puts crunchy edges on all of the brownies with the bottom that comes out like a cheesecake pan. Anyway, I was woefully unsuccessful in finding my intended prize. My target just doesn't carry it. Yet. I live in hope. However, I spyed something even better....this bit of engineering wonder!

Its a collapsable collander!

What genious invented this?
Its made out of that new rubber-type material that's flexible, yet so durable you can bake in it...I've seen pans made out of this stuff.
Since its collapsable, it comes with these nifty legs that fold up.

Finally, I can throw out my old metal one, that was all rusted and beat up and probably 25 years old. I think I had it in college. Every time I used it, or more accurately, every time I'd see Dot use it, I'd shudder. Surely we'd all come down with a case of lock jaw from all the rust. What was worse, it took up all the space in my teeny tiny kitchen.

Anyway, biggest bonus was that as I went to pay, there was no price or bar code on the thing. Often when that happens they'll just ask you if you remember the price. I always tell the truth if I remember. Problem was, I didn't see a price for the thing on the endcap, which meant if I wanted it, I would automatically enter the game of "Target Roullette". Just how much would it be? I was fully prepared to say that I'd pay 9.99 for the thing, if they wanted to just enter than. However, the manager came over, all harried and harrassed looking, and said, "Fair price: 7.99".

SCORE!

What made it all better, was that unbeknownst to me, as we were walking out of the store, Dot said she had seen them before, and thought that the true price was 19.99.

This whole idiotic transaction absolutely Made. My. Day!

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

The luck of the Irish is on your side. Congratulations on a well done Targot maneuver.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: