Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back in Business

My modem arrived today, I connected it up, and am now back in business. Whew. I was actually getting a big jittery by not being able to check my daily blogs. Thank god for the iphone, as annoying as it was posting from it. It kept me from going nuts. So what all has been happening since we last chatted?


*On Sunday, we went over to my friend Sally's house. She is my oldest friend. Met her when we moved into my parents house in 1968...when I was but 3.5 yrs old. Yikes. Sally has 2 kids now who are older (11 and 9). T loved playing with her daughter. They also had a pool which T totally enjoyed, but was tortured by...

What do I mean by this? Anyone who as spent any amount of time with my T, knows she has 2 speeds. Running and still. Not much in between. Unfortunately, the pool deck around the pool was particularly slippery. T went flying like 5 times. I was worried she'd slip, hit her head, and go into the pool. Oy, the stress. I must have said a million times "Walk, don't run". Pure torture for my child.

*Monday, the holiday was fairly quiet. Dot had to fly off to Texas in the late morning, so T and I were on our own. Had a fab time shopping and hanging out together.

*I pick T up from school yesterday, and little Daniel asks me, "Why does Taylor always hit me?". WHAT???? T claims to have hit him b/c he hit her first. He looked down and grinned when she would say this, so it may be true. However, I know my girl and the fact that she likes to hit. All the little kids wanted to know what I was going to do. I announced T was in trouble...No TV tonight. An audible gasp swept through the room with that, and 3 little boys' eyes got round as saucers. It was the cutest thing.

*T did well last night until I told her to go to bed. She chose to sleep in my room. I made the mistake of wanting to watch a little more TV, rather than going to bed with her. I went in about an hour later only to find that she had ruined all of my tubes of lipstick. Used them to color all over the mirror of my vanity mirror, similar to what she did to her own mirrored closet door a few months ago with the chapstick. It was also all over her face and hands. She's in so much trouble I can't tell you. Granted, the sticks were old and needed to be tossed anyway, but that's not the point. Now there are a few bright fushia handprints in my tub that aren't coming out. She has no TV for the next few nights and is now banned from my room. We'll see how well that works out.

*Today was "Grandparents Day" at her school. I didn't mention it to my parents, as it would have been impossible to get them there in the early morning what with rush hour and the like. The kids showed off how they now know how to pray...all 3 of the big ones: Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be. They then sang 4 songs that had hand gestures with them. Too cute for words.

*Tomorrow in deference of 9/11, they get to dress down. They can all wear blue jeans, sneakers, and a red, white, or blue tshirt. Can't wait. I'll be taking off to deal with issues of my parents that I've been putting off for a while. Need to just get it out of the way, and I can't do it with T around.

*T came home from school so dirty, she has a dirt necklace around her neck. Wow.

That's it for now. Cant think of anything else at the moment.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Great to have you back. I really missed this thing but I'm still fuming over homework for a 4 year old. Where's my wet noodle? xox

Anonymous said...

Yippee! You're back!

xoxo,
Cecilia

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: