Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Voice Getting Better and other Misc. Ramblings

I'm happy to report that my voice is getting progressively stronger by the day. I may actually pull off this dumb trial next week. Of course, what with the daycare closed on Monday its a bit of a logistical nightmare. Most of my backups are sick. Since the last thing I want is for T to be re-infected, I have a call in now to Leonor, to see if she can come not to clean, but to look after T. She's trying to re-arrange her schedule as I type this.

We're very excited to have the son of an old friend of mine coming to town to stay with us for a few days, to get an up-close look at the criminal justice system. His parents are police officers. Back in my dope days, when there was a possible hit out on me, I fled the state to go live with them for a few weeks in the Berkshire mountains. Nothing makes you feel safer than staying with a former firearms expert of the metro-dade p*lice dep@rtment and the first woman to be certified swat...and sniper shooter... with another department. Anyway, last I saw Spencer, he was all of 8 or 9. He's now 18 and interested in law enforcement. His mom has arranged a few ride alongs with agencies and then a "ride along" with me in the courthouse, to see how the system works. Should be fun. He arrives on sunday evening.

In other news, I'm feeling retarded. Dot calls up to tell me to tune into S@y yes to the Dr*ss, a show on TLC. Its strangely riviting to me, and is about brides shopping for their dresses at a high-end shop in Manhattan. Each episode features about 3 brides and their soap-opera-like story. The show Dot had me watch featured an Asian bride with Non-Asian parents. Even showed her wedding at the end. Had me bawling like a baby. In my defense, I'm still under the weather and therefore a little emotional, but still. It was ridiculous. All I can say is that T can't get married for at least 35 - 40 years or so, otherwise I'll be a basket case.

Lastly, I can't mention it here with specificity due to the identity of some of my loyal readers, but I've found the nifty-est item at CVS in the "as seen on TV" section. Bought one for me, LOVE IT, and will probably get them for everybody for xmas. I like to start my shopping now, to take advantage of sales and so that I'm not screwed 2 days before xmas rushing around like a madman. I revelled in that type of thing before T. But since getting T? No way. The thought of that just scares the hell out of me, so my shopping starts in July!

That's all for now...

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

I am addicted to all "as seen on TV" items and own most of them. Which one are you talking about. I whole-heartily endorse the Ped-Egg and the Smoothee. Both great beauty care items.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

this is not a beauty product!

chart said...

Yeah......I wanna know too. Turn your head and I'll come down and stay with T on Monday - I want you to be GOLDEN. No dogs at the 1st Street Casa. xox

Alyson and Ford said...

We watched the same episode on wedding dresses... yes, kept saying that's us! I hope to see the day when AA gets married (we are pretty old, so do I encourage her to marry young???).

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Ten months!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: