Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Mother's Reward

So, what's a loving, caring mom who thinks only about the welfare of her daughter get after nursing her back to health for the past two days? That's right....

A sore throat and low-grade fever.

Lovely.

T went back to school today. I had been debating that since she wasn't eating much. But then, she never eats much, so its hard to know. To test whether she was well enough, we went off to nordstroms for dinner last night. Figured if she could eat her chicken nuggets with no pain, she could go to school. Yep, I was right! She chowed down like a hungry sailor.

I went into work for 1/2 the day. If I still have the fever tomorrow, I'll do the same. That way, I only burn 4 hours of sick leave instead of the whole day. We'll see how I feel.

Meanwhile, I roused myself from the sick-couch this afternoon, to go get T. What greeted me upon entering the schoolbus? The lovely aroma of dead dog. I couldn't figure out what it was. T entered the van and immediately pronouced "Mommy, it stinks". Further investigation revealed an old, congealed sippy cup with about 2 inches of solidified chocolate milk. Yuk.

Luckily I survived the drive without puking.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Yep - it's just one of the perks for being a loving Mom. Hope you're feeling better and better. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: