Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Still Sick

Nothing much to report. Still sick. Still have next to no voice. Contemplating how I'm supposed to go to trial on monday, with an unsympathetic judge and no voice.

The Pantomime Method?

The Pictionary Method?

I think I've decided on cue cards. Luckily, I can get through most direct examinations with just two cards: "Please explain to the members of the jury what happened?" and a second, "And then what happened".

I can probably get the judge to reset it for a few days, maybe a week or two. However, due to all the talking I do in trial, I usually start to lose my voice when I'm healthy. So even if I regain my voice soon, I figure I'll only have it for the first day or two of trial.

So, I'm at home preparing. Luckily, this is not that important a case, in the big scheme of things. So this should be interesting. As much as I'm bitching about it, I really do want this case to go away, as its over 4 years old and I'm so, so sick of it. Even if I try the thing and lose, I'll be happy b/c it will be GONE!

In more news, I approached the daycare's door to go inside on Monday, and saw a sign that strikes fear and terror in the heart of all single moms....

"The daycare will be closed on Monday for administrative training".

The jerks. They couldn't give me more notice than this of their stupid training? Now I have to scrounge up somebody to look after T, since I may be in trial. Sigh. I'm so mad at them I can't tell you, but can't give them hell b/c I'll need them in the upcoming school year to look after T on the christmas and easter vacations...which are at least 2 weeks apiece.

So, after this piece of bad news on Monday and with me being sick, I decided I just couldn't deal with dinner. Off to Nordstroms we went. T nearly gave me a heart attack when she said she wanted spaghetti instead of her beloved chicken nuggets. In over 2.5 years, she's never ordered anything other than chicken nuggets. Ate the whole thing with no catsup in sight, plus she swiped my she-crab soup.

We're off to the doc for a follow up visit for T, then its back home to prep.

Hope everybody has a great day!

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: