Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Is it Friday the 13th, or just Monday?

Well now, lets review what trouble, mischief, and bad luck has been befalling us lately.

1. When told T could not have potato chips (b/c she just ate some brownie) and we were saving the chips for when friends came over later that day, she turned around and went to her table to pick up a glass of juice. I figured she was thirsty. Nope. Instead, she turned around to face me, looked me right in the eye, and turned the thing upside down, dumping the contents on the floor.

2. She did something that caused me to take away all of her DVDs...now I can't remember what, but it was big. I think it involved hitting and spitting.

3. T was sad and mad when we left her friends' house last night after playing in the pool. In retaliation, she took her seatbelt off while I was driving the car. Sneakily. I comfort myself by trying to convince myself she did it when we were almost home on 37th ave, but I have a sneaking suspicion that she did it on the highway.

4. My mother has lost her hearing aid again...this time I suspect for good. We'll be ordering up another.

5. Woke up this morning to an email from aunt dot. she was driving along the interstate when her tire totally came off the rim. Luckily, there was no wreck and she's OK. She's driving a rental while they determine if they have the tire in stock and if she damaged her rims.

6. T woke up saying she wanted to go to the dr, b/c she had a rock in her cheek. Sure enough, her cheek was swollen under her ear. Dr diagnosed ear infection, throat infection, possible swollen gland or the faux mumps again. Time will tell. We're home about to start a course of antibiotics. We'll be home tomorrow as well. Say a prayer that nothing more is wrong, and that we'll be back at work and school on wednesday.

7. There's more I could add to the list, but I have mommy-brain right now and can't remember...

T's newest stats: 40.5 inches tall and 32 pounds at almost 4 yrs 4 mo.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Hope Tues goes better!

chart said...

Hope all is better and today turns out to be a perfect Tuesday. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: