Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Taylor's a Stalker

Well, as you may remember, we have had a house guest for the past few days. Spencer is 18 and T is in love. Won't leave him alone. Luckily, he's a really cute and good kid, so he indulges her.

Spencer has been going to work with me, and I found him a nice juicy murder trial to watch. Stabbing. 52 times. He's been enthralled.

Meanwhile, I would like to know just why everybody we passed in the courthouse, asked if he's my SON instead of BROTHER!

What's up with that???? The child is 18 for god's sake! Of course, I then did the math and realized that yes, it is not outside the realm of possiblity that I could be his mom, since I would have been 26 at the time of his birth. Talk about feeling old!

Tonight, we went after work today to Lincoln Road Mall, ate a little dinner, then walked down to the beach. T loved putting her toes in the water and had a great time.

Spence will be picked up at 6:15 tomorrow morning, to go off with his mom's cop friends. I think they'll be serving warrants all day, so he should have lots of fun.

Meanwhile, my mom got a new hearing aid last thursday. I was over on Sunday...a mere 3 days later... and put it in her ear. Two hours later it was gone. This one lasted 3 days. This time, I think I have to blame myself, though. I think I put it in her ear wrong and it fell out. We're still trying to find the dumb thing. Luckily, I mailed in an insurance policy on it last friday, so it will be covered if we can't find it. ....which would be hearing aid number 3. Say a prayer that we find the dumb thing.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: