Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Infirmary Report


Well, no fun reports here today of our exciting life. Instead, I'm officially sick. Went off to the doctor yesterday, who said that I probably have a virus that's going around which has affected my asthma. Felt like crap all weekend with absolutely no energy. As of Monday morning, I still had a fever, albeit very low. Guess that's why I felt like crap all weekend, too. I failed miserably the breathing test so as I suspected....

I'm on frickin steroids to knock it out of my system. This time, though, she gave me a very low dose and only for 7 days. Both she and my very good friend who has asthma and been on the drug on and off all her life, assure me that I shouldn't get moon face. Time will tell.

New fun fact yesterday, as the day went on I lost my voice. T alternately thinks its both funny and curious. I think she's beginning to secretly like this fact, as its really hard to chastise a 4 yr old, when you have no voice! I think the sneaky girl has figured that out, but thank god is too young still to really know how to work that to her advantage.

I'm hoping to regain my voice before she does.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Stephe said...

OMG, I just got over the same type of thing. Knocked me on my butt but my meds worked wonders. It was a combo of two inhalers 4 times a day. (that much freaked me out because I usually go through one inhaler per year!! FEEL BETTER!!

chart said...

Hope the new meds work wonders - FAST = and you'll soon be up and about. xox C

Laura said...

Feel better! Hope you kick it soon and hope you stay free of the moon face :(

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: