Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, March 28, 2011

More Luau Pictures

IMG_1191Luckily for me, more pics are being sent to me from friends.  I was so busy during the party running around in a perpetual slightly tipsy state, that I failed to take any pics at key times during the party.   Luckily, friends are coming through and slowly forwarding them to me.   Here’s one of T and the cake.  How could I have not taken a pic of that?   T reports that the cake was her favorite part of the party.  Not the eating of it, mind  you, just the whole candle/singing thing.    T had the “sandals” cake from publix.  I’ll search for a pic from their website to post for posterity.

IMG_1190  IMG_1192

Meanwhile, here’s a pic of my old secretary, who kindly volunteered to be my hula instructor.  She drafted 2 of the older girls to assist her, and they put on a show.  Then, they asked the other girls to join in, and Jackie led them all in the dance.   Too, too cute.

Meanwhile, T wanted nothing to do with the hula dancing.  She was too busy playing on the swingset with all the boys, to bother with dancing…one of her favorite past times.   Go figure.  Anyway, about 6 – 10 other girls joined in the fun, even Jackie 3 yr old son, who stole the show!

Did I mention that my oldest case was set for trial on 3/28?  We were number 2 behind an 11 year old homicide case.  That guy hadnt taken a plea in 11 years, so everyone was sure it would go first.  Um, not so fast.  He up and decided to take the 25 year prison sentence on Friday, as I was off work, make me #1 for trial today.

Marie and I go to court, loaded for bear so to speak, only to find out….once again…that she has checked herself into the hospital overnight.  Defense attorney claims she is very sick.  High blood pressure and soaring blood sugar.  I countered with that’s what happens when you fail to take your meds.   We set for report on Wednesday, for me to obtain an order to obtain her medical records. 

Trial continued to monday 4/4.  It Just.Never.Ends.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

Well, she did it again. Incredible.
Wonder what she'll come up with 4/4
I'll be waiting to find out. All I can say is hang tough and put her away.
I wanted to say I have really enjoyed the party pictures. Good going. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: