Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's so blah....

I go from loving the new color to being left with no emotion regarding it, i.e. feeling empty. It just seems so blah to me. I'm withholding final judgment, though, until its finished and the trim is painted up. I decided to stick with white trim, instead of beige, as my hurricane shutters are white and the trim on my awning is white.

Oh well, at least it looks alot cleaner and neater. Although blah, its no longer chipping, so that's a good thing.

This weekend is shaping up to be busy. T has a birthday party to attend on Saturday morning at a skating rink. T has never skated a day in her life on real skates. She's only tried toy skates. That should be interesting. No way can I skate between my back, my foot, and the upcoming party. I'm going to try and con Aunt Dot into assisting...or another mom.

Then, we have final party planning to do, namely in relation to the food, cake and balloons.

Lastly, I'm just very greatful that I only live in a hurricane zone, and not an earthquake zone. Can the people of Japan please catch a break? On top of a disaster of untold proportions, not they have the nuclear issue was well. Just tragic.

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carol. The color looks great with your blue shades. If you find you do not have enough color when the job is done, just do some plantings of flowers and shrubs to give it a pop of color. It will be beautiful. And, we pray that those in Japan make it through and that they can stop the nuclear disaster in progress. Nuclear power is not clean. It takes just ONE accident like this to bring nuclear power and its dangers into perspective. Kathie

Alice said...

I definitely like it with the blue shades and the Spanish tiles. It will grow on you...change is always hard.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: