Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, June 28, 2010

We're Off to the Dr.

Yep, today is our appt to try and get to the bottom of the rock under her ear. Wish us luck.

We had fun this weekend. On Sat, T and I went off to the diner for breakfast and then the mall while Dot was getting her nails done. I then set up the "Bonsai Cannonball Splash". Its a water slide I picked up at target. Had I read the comments, I probably would not have purchased it, ...but i didn't...so I did.

The thing is a bit precarious, and I'll only let T do it if I'm sitting right next to the thing to keep it from tipping over. If any kid was heavier than T, who registers in at a whopping 35 pounds, I doubt it would work. Also, unlike the picture on the box, you can't go running and jump on the thing at speed, else risk bouncing head over heals and probably breaking your neck.

But, it entertained her for the day, and we'll probably get a few more uses out of the thing before it gets too gross from being outside and the hot sun works its "magic" and ruins the thing.

On Sunday, we went up to the Sawgrass Mall to find something fun. I found a vodka laced lemonade at Cheesec@ke Factory and then had to roam the malls waiting for the buzz to wear off. Fun times. T enjoyed bungi jumping and riding the merry go round. The two of us came home, and napped for 2 hours. As fun as that drink was, it just zaps the energy right out of me. Guess that's a sign of getting old. Can't do it like I used to. Sigh.

Speaking of old, no news on the parent front. No news is always good news from those two. We'll see what this week brings.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

Praying that everything went fine at the doctors and no MRI is required. And that you have a bit of a break from the heat. (could it be a Baker's cyst? Dahlia has one in the back of her knee.)

I'll be checking in to see how your sweetie is.

Connie said...

Sounds like ya'll had a good fun-time weekend. You need more of them. I'm hoping the rock is gone and all is calm at 123. Luv Ya...xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: