Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Experienced Campers

Yep, that's what we are! T is attending a summer camp at her school. While its located on her school grounds, its run by an independent agency and is open to all kids, not just students of the school. For those who want more info, check out this link:

http://sunshine-summercamp.com/Campers_Ages_3-6.html

I felt that it was a good idea to send T here, as she doesn't do that well with change. The fact that its on the grounds of her school, I thought, would help. Anyway, she was very excited about the whole thing, but as we walked up and entered a different classroom, she started becoming a bit more tentative. Luckily, one of her classmates was there and T went and sat next to her. That helped alot.

No reports of fisticuffs breaking out today, so that was a relief. Her comment upon seeing me today? "They didn't even have karate or pony rides." Hehe. I've told her over and over that there are no pony rides every day, just one special day. So far, she doesn't seem that cranky, but we'll see about that as the week goes on. There will be some water play, so I need to go out and buy her some school-appropriate bathing suits. I like the shirt/short combos for situations like this. Hopefully I can get to target in the next day or so.

Meanwhile in other news, I went to a funeral today. I didn't know the deceased, but work with her father. She was a few years younger than I, with 2 minor children. Car accident. She went into a canal and died. Terrible tragedy. From all accounts she was a lovely, vibrant woman with a zest for life.

The message from her grandma: You never know when its your time to go, so live life to the fullest, and don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them.

True words to live by.

I'm off to kiss my kid.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

UPDATE: Its 8:33 p.m., and my little camper is ASLEEP! Big change from her 10 - 11 p.m. bedtime of the past.

Sniff. Sniff. I miss her already!

Connie said...

You see, I knew "it" would get better and better. Good going T. xox

Laura said...

Yay for sleep! I was sad this morning when I dropped Sara off for day 2. She's so brave but she really doesn't know any of the kids yet. She says she likes it but she's still settling in. Part of me wanted to grab my brave but unsure little girl and run for the door.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: