Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

This and That

...well, I almost screwed up my tooth fairy duties. I forgot to wake up and switch out the tooth for some cash. Didn't remember til after I woke T up. Luckily, she's both slow to wake and sleeping in my bed. I was able to sneak out to her room and make the switch. Aunt Ceci got this cute quilted fairy that hangs on the door. It has a little pocket in which one can put the tooth/cash. I pretended surprise and she was thrilled.

Meanwhile, it finally happened. T comes running over to me at school during pick up, and I bend down like always and give her a kiss. For the first time ever, she proceeded to wipe it off and say, "Yuck, Mommy, I'm too big for kisses".

SAYS FRICKIN' WHO????????????????

Unfortunately, this appears to be a bit of karma coming around and biting me on the ass. I well remember being embarassed when my parents would kiss me in front of my pals, often resulting in my making some snarky comment. I just don't remember ever doing it in preK. That wasn't until at least 3rd, 4th or 5th grades, at the very least.

Kid loses a 2nd tooth, and thinks she's a teenager. What's up with that?

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

What's up with that, indeed? In PreK? What's next?

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: