Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What a Day

Good lord, what a day I've had. Started out with me going to the new school for the "book sale", and doling out some cash. Then I had to go meet with some investigators. Unfortunately, I forgot my phone in the car and forgot to tell my secretary. So, between about 10:00 a.m. and 12:30, when I realized I didn't have my phone with me, you guessed it, all hell broke loose.

I had a total of 20 calls and 13 voicemail messages. See the odd bandage on T's forehead? Turns out she was riding a trike at school, at her usual break-neck speed, when one of the other kids thought it would be a good idea to swing out some sign he was holding. T ended up with a cut to her forehead along the hairline. Bled like a stuck pig, and nobody could get me. Oy. By the time I called, everybody assured me that there was no need for stitches as the blood had stopped flowing. Plus, T was back to her old self, asked for seconds at lunch, and seemed fine.

This evening, I returned to the school for the parent/teacher orientation. I really like her new teachers and her new school. She's in a class of 19 in total. They nap them for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Phys ed is on thursdays. The classroom is really cute and cosy. While I was there, T got to spend some quality time with Uncle Jack, who took the pics you see here.

That's all for now, I'm sure dot will be calling from Houston soon for all the minute details.

Good night, all!

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Murphy law - forget your phone - and all hell breaks loose - go figure!
Is it Friday yet?

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: