Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

...in response to questions posed by one of T's most loyal readers (Laura), here's an update.

We had lots of fun at Mrs. Goldenberg's 100th birthday party, depsite the lack of bounce houses. T was a hit, and my friend called me today to say that Mrs. Goldengberg was on the phone with her other friend...90+ yr old Lill, and the two of them can't stop talking about T. Lill sat herself down at our table and was quite interested in the whole adoption process. She even paid T the highest of compliments....she said she'd be willing to babysit!

Like Laura and everyone else, we're getting ready for school to start...in a little over 2 weeks. Since T is in preK catholic school, there's no supply list. At least I don't think there is. I just have to go to the school on the 19th, which is booksale day, and plunk down a cool 400 bucks for "books", which is really craft supplies since she's so little. I think I also have to give my 100 buck "festival donation" and another 25 bucks for the stupid parent association which is apparently mandatory to join. Also on the 19th, at 7:00 p.m., is the parent conference/orientation. Watch, I bet they give me a school supply list on top of this exhorbitant book fee, and I'll be really annoyed.

I'll also find out what shoes T should be wearing...navy blue or black, and we'll spend the weekend madly scouring the stores for the right shoe.

Luckily in October, I can apply to the public school I want her to go to for Kindergarden through 8th grade. There will be some major praying in this house going on, in hopes that she gets in. Its a lottery system. If she does get in, we'll be feeling quite rich not having to shell out $$ for tuition for the first time in about 4 years. Wow. I'm living for that day...

Meanwhile, if you were in my house right now, you'd be asking why is T's comforter balled up and on the floor of the dining room? Inquiring minds want to know...

That would be b/c its full of lotion. Not just any lotion either. Its full of the million dollar dermatologist-recommended lotion. T, who got a mosquito bite at the party, decided that she needed lotion. She snuck into my room with her plastic vanity stool (that's currently in time out on top of the TV), snagged the bottle of lotion, then went into her room with the door shut to spread the stuff ALL OVER her legs and arms. In the process, she go it all over the comforter. Needless to say, SOMEBODY is in BIG FAT TROUBLE.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

and this was when I walk to K's "bank" and tell her I need $3 to pay for the XYZ...She does not want to part with her $ (she worked very hard at asking her nainai every chance she got for25 cents...so when she had to count out all those quarters - it hurt in the pocket book! Good luck with the school thing...are you public schools good? Do you have magney schools? (I wish we had a Chinese immersion program - she would so be in there!!!)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: