Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2nd Day a Success!

Well, the 2nd day of school went just as well as the first day. T reports that she really likes it and seems excited to go. When I pick her up at the end of the day, she's always dripping with sweat from running around the playground. She's in her glory b/c PK4 and the kindergarten, and maybe even 1st grade all get to play in the big-kid monkey bar area. T is thrilled about that. I was noticing the other day that the pk4 area is a little too babyish for my monkey-bar maven.

Its really sweet b/c as we walk to our car, we basically cross the area where all the bigger kids are playing and hanging out. Taylor is constantly saying Hi to all the kids...whether they respond to her or not.

So ends day 2. I was wondering how the drop off would go on the 2nd day, when the excitement had worn off a bit. On boy went into all out tantrum, kicking and hitting the teacher when his parents left. I was just glad that wasn't T.

I'm also happy to report that so far there have been no reports of T hitting, kicking, pushing or punching any of the other kids. I was getting those reports from daycare and was very concerned that T has an anger control issue. I still think she does a bit, but so far no reports from school. I'm hoping that it was a function of her being frustrated and stuck in a class when all her little friends had been moved to the 4 yr old room. Who knows. All I know is that so far, she hasn't taken out any of the other kids, so all is well.

that's it for now.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: