Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mission Accomplished

Operation Seek School Shoes and Seek School Socks was a raging success. T is now the happy owner of some patent leather Stride-rite shoes. She also scored new sneakers. After the obligatory Gymboree run, we found more socks at A Children's Place. Problem is, I realized that they're really more off-white than white. I'm hoping a turn in the washer with lots of bleach will take care of that.

After this bit of shopping fiesta, we left the mall and headed to an outdoor one, where Dot and I hit the Coldwater Creek store and each scored hugely. We haven't had a day of shopping like this in maybe a year or more. What fun!

While at the mall, I rented one of those carts that you can load up with packages, and T got to sit high up in the front and LOVED it. All she would say was "I like my new stroller". Poor thing thought that it was ours to keep, so I had some 'splainin to do.


Well, I was bound to happen sooner or later, we are now smack dab in the cone of misery for Trop. Storm Ana. Its really far away, but looks like its making a bee-line for us. Scheduled to hit at 8:00 a.m. Thursday. Lets hope it doesn't stregthen AT ALL, changes course, or at least that we get a "rain day" and have the day off.

A girl can dream, right?

I'm exhausted from my big day of shopping, and am off to have a nice big glass of wine. Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

I know - how annoying! Truly hope Ana turns out to be Nada. I hate this part of it - when it's so far away and you don't know WHAT it will be, only have the anxiety. Grrr....hope it changes tracks.
Congrats on the school shopping. I dropped some $ at the mall yesterday for back to school clothes and I completed the supply list! Almost there!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: