Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Another Milestone

Well, today is officially T's last day of daycare. She's about to officially make that leap from "baby" to "little girl". I've been telling her that today is her last day there, but I don't think its really sunk in to her. She absolutely loves her teachers and friends, to it will be interesting how she deals with it all. Coincidentally, they're having a pajama party at the daycare, so she's very excited and distracted about that. She is so, so excited to be wearing her pajamas to school and has been talking about it all week, so that's pretty much trumped any feelings of sadness, I think.

She also confesses to being very excited to start her new school. Again, we'll see how it goes. I suspect there will be many days of acting out in the near future, as she transitions and gets comfortable with her new surroundings and routine.

For myself, I'm a little sad too, to be leaving the Carol Center. They have been so great. They taught my orally defensive and starving baby to eat solid foods when we first came home from china and they potty trained her. What more could a single, inexperienced mom ask for??

With the new school, I'll be paying more for less. I say less because the mommy days are over...those few days when I was off work but the daycare was open. Nope, with the new school they're either closing early or taking the day off everytime I turn around. Plus, they don't feed T breakfast. My life is about to get infinitely more complicated. But in the end, I'm really excited for T.

My little schoolgirl!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Yep, new beginnings. I'm hoping all goes well and it will be a pleasant journey. I know you will meet some stumbling blocks but I also know you both are well equipped to overcome them. You have my complete support. xxooxx

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: