Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

TROUBLE


One thing is for sure...you can't spell Trouble or Taylor without a capital T!

We had a little drama around here last night. T came prancing out of her room in a red velvet dress with roses on the bodice...that she promptly dubbed her new "Belle dress" ( I think its a Sophie hand-me-down). T had on her bell crown and red shoes. She then went directly to the DVDs, pulled out Cinderella II, and asked for me to put it on in her room. Um, NO! It was 10:30 at night, and we don't start watching movies at that hour. T, of course, took exception to this and got mad.

Real mad.

First, she started trying to turn my computer off as I'm typing. That's a big no-no. Then she turned off the TV that I was on. Since it had been on her station, I really didn't care and didn't chastise her for that. So, she had to up the ante. T proceeded to get one of her her new activity books and started ripping pages out. That's it. Game over. I had been warning her all along that if she kept it up, she wouldn't like the consequences of her actions. We're been working on not destroying things when she's mad for a while now and clearly she needs more help with that. She chose to ignore me. So, I got up, snatched the princess crown from her head, and put the crown in time-out on top of the TV unit.

Oh.My.God.

You'd think that the end of the world had come. The pathetic screams of "My Crown" filled the night. Then, the little stinker looked right at me, got up, picked up a pad and started ripping pages out. While normally I wouldn't care if she rips pages out of this pad, I knew this time she was doing it for spite and out of anger. So, next thing to go was her red dress. Took it right off her. Told her that little girls who act badly don't get to wear princess dresses. again,

Oh. My. God.

More pathetic cries about how now Dotty would never see her in her special dress. Aye, aye, aye. The kid needs to join the stage. Well, after we finally calmed down, all was OK with the world and we went to sleep.

Today, as soon as I walked in to the classroom, all the kids got up from story time to tattle on T. Apparently, she was walking around with her shirt lifted up, and Ms. Cynthia chastised her for this bit of poor behavior. However, T wouldn't listen and kept doing it. So, T got put a the time out table, away from the other kids. What does she do?

She pulls out the chair and throws it across the room.

Uh Oh.

She's in huge trouble. There was no swim class today, b/c she wasn't a good girl at school. Secretly, I was exhausted, and didn't want to go either and was just looking for an excuse to stay home...but she doesn't have to know that!

So, that's the drama from the day. Don't know what's causing this latest bit of poor behavior, but I hope it stops soon.

On a funny note, before the real drama started, she did something, I cant even remember what, and I ordered her to time out. She voluntarily went and stood there, but admonished me "Count fast mom, count fast". He he.

How can you stay mad at that?

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

OMG you soo have your hands full!!

I love the mid week meltdowns - over something THEY did - I know when I removed K's dress up dresses - you would have thought I cut off an arm - the crying - the tears - the snot...oh it was so NOT pretty - you know 3 is the new 2 - Just in case you had forgotten :-)

Laura said...

So does that mean 4 is the new 12? The little drama queens. Tonight Sara was irritated that we had to go upstairs for her bath and I turned off the TV when Wonder pets were on. She turned her back on me with a "hmmmph" and then kicked one of her stuffed animals across the room. Yep, you guessed it, it went on top of the entertainment center and she will not have access until tomorrow. The wailing continued all the way upstairs to the tub.
On a brighter note, if you think we can stand the heat, maybe we can coordinate a Disney trip for late summer, early fall? I'm going to get passes as soon as we get down there. I'm itching to take the little drama queen to see the princesses now that she's older.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: