Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Deed is Done

Mission Accomplished! I probably should have gotten some shots before I stripped the place of all personal items, but I forgot. Took these shots today as I awaited the movers. We got there around 8:30, the movers arrived at 9:00. By 11:00 we were at my parents house unloading the haul. By 1:30, we were at my house delivering my grandma's furniture for T's room.

Frankly, other than the sentimental aspect of it, I probably would not have chosen to put the furniture in T's room. However, my father will NEVER throw out any piece of the set, and there just wasn't room for his office stuff and this set, as well. It had to go. His mom purchased it in 1938 at Macy's. Since they were a dirt poor Irish immigrant family living in New York, it was a really, really, big deal for them to go to Macy's and buy new furniture. Luckily, its pure wood. No veneers or particle board, so it should clean up nicely with a little refinishing and some tender, loving care.

Anyway, after delivering the stuff to my house, I went tearing back to my parents, to start unpacking it all. Leonor and I finished at about 8:00 p.m. at night. As we were working, it stormed like crazy. There were a few moments when it literally was like a hurricane. So what did Dot and T do while I was otherwise occupied?

They made an Office Max run, and got all kinds of craft crap. T's been busy cutting, gluing, drawing, and glittering all day. Also watched a bunch of movies.

So, that's that. I must admit it was kind of sad watching everything to out the door. My mom was my dad's secretary, and when I was little, they would take me down to the office. Lots of memories. My father, however, I think was incapable of actually packing up and shutting it down. If I was sad doing it, it would have been 1000 times worse for him. But, the time had come. They just can't afford to be shelling out rent every month when he's had no income for years. I didn't push it in the past, b/c it gave him something to do. He can do what he wants with his money. However, it had come to the point where he was only going down there like once a month, if that. Time had come to end it.

So, the items I chose to move fit perfectly, just as I'd planned. I'm exhausted, so I'm off to go lay down.

Night, night, all!

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You did an incredible job with everything. You are amazing!

xoxo,
Cecilia

chart said...

Well done. One more worry off your mind. You never cease to amaze me - the way you get things done. More stars in your crown. xox.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: