Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ice Cream Cone Bowl

That Aunt Dot is always finding cool stuff in the grocery store. This time, she came up with ice cream cone bowl from p*blix. Literally, its a bowl made out of ice cream cone. T loves it and it's a lot less messy than a normal cone.


In other news, my mother had another audiologist appointment today. Every week we go and they turn up the volume. No turning it up today, though.

Q: What happens when you give a woman with short term memory loss a $1,200 hearing aid?

That's right, she loses it. Sigh. After only 3 weeks. Against all doctors orders, she's been wrapping the thing in kleenex when she takes it out. I think it got thrown away, just like the doc warned. Luckily, these units have an "insurance type" plan with them. We'll be getting a new one for only 300.00...a comparative bargain.

My new plan...you knew I had one...is to get about 3 more hearing aid boxes, then go to office max and buy a lable maker, and label each box "Hearing Aid Box", so that she'll remember what its for. I plan on putting one near her bed, one in the bathroom, one next to her chair in the fla room, etc.

Hopefully, the next one will last more than 3 weeks.

UPDATE: Just went into the kitchen to discover that I forgot to put the yummy bryers ice cream back in the fridge. It was a soupy mess...that I promptly dropped and that promptly spilled all over the counter.

Just the perfect way to set off the day.

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Hi Kids....Love the ice cream cone bowl. That Dorothy can really find the good stuff. As for my sister - I think I'll faint.

Anonymous said...

I love the label maker - it's my favorite toy! Genius move to make the hearing aid boxes. Taylor couldn't possibly be more adorable!

xoxo,
Cecilia

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: