Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Biblical Plague?

Hmmm, if I didn't know better, I'd think that we were being struck by some biblical plague. After endless sweltering days, we're under a storm watch. Weather services says to expect severe thunderstorms that could produce penny-sized hail and winds of 70 mph. Um, 'scuse me, but isn't that a hurricane?

I fled work early to creepily nice skies. That "nice weather" that any floridian of any experience knows is the calm before all hell breaks loose, meteorologically speaking, of course. In the 20 minutes it took to come home, get inside, take down my umbrella in the back yard...this is what I saw when I looked up in the skies. Yikes. The black front is moving south from broward to dade at about 30 mph.

I think I'll go crank up the a/c and have a battery lantern on standby, in case we lose power...

Update: Just purchased a battery operated digital tv from amazon...figure this sky is a sign and I better get prepared, now that my old analog battery tv is junk.

What else is a girl to do during a storm, if not troll the web and shop?

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Yes = we've been getting it every day. That time of year in the swamp. xxooxx

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: