Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

This and That

After dinner last night, we made a stop in office max for my nifty new label maker...see the last pic here. I LOVE IT. I want to label EVERYTHING! It was on sale for only 19.99, which was 1/2 price. Bonus! While there, I spyed this adorable little student chair. Hot pink and all! The perfect chair for T's desk. Now that she's a big girl and is practicing her letters and numbers, she can sit at it. Good lord, she's growing up fast!

In other news, Today, I had a FABULOUS day. Basically, I shopped all day in home depot...all by myself. T stayed home with Aunt Dot. I met my handyman at my parents house this morning. He'll be back to start some work on Monday. In anticipation thereof, I had to go buy stuff. I'm going to have him basically working on the bathrooms. He'll be taking out the 1970's drop ceiling and installing new lights, installing handicapp height toilets, painting the whole thing, painting the vanities, updating the plumbing fixtures, taking out the sliding glass doors in the upstairs shower that's falling off the tracks, etc. Luckily, their tile is in very good shape for almost 60 yr old tile.

I'm also installing handicapp grab bars both in the bathrooms, and around the house. On the 5 stairs going downstairs, I'm going to put them on both sides, so my mom can hold on using both hands. On the 9 stairs going upstairs, I'm going to put a longer one opposite the handrail. It may look a little odd, but I'll rest easier with them there. My mom is more unsteadier on her feet by the day, and the thought of her on the stairs sends a chill down my spine. I'm also going to put one on the wall next to her bed, so she can use it to pull herself up, sit herself down, and walk the first few feet after standing.

So I had a fab time labeling all of the paint cans, with what they go for. Labeling the grab bar boxes with where they are to be installed, etc. Work starts on monday and will probably continue through the weekend.

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Chad and Kristy said...

I am so jealous.... your label maker is so much better than mine!!

I love making labels:)

Laura said...

I love both her desk and chair! Also love the water fun from Toys R US that T got to play in.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: